9 Best Tips for Self Moving and Packing: Make Your Relocation Easy
Shifting to a new home? Well, congrats for the new possession, and now you must be looking out for a way to pack and move quickly. But that’s not going to be so easy until you find the correct approach to pack your belongings, without breaking any of them. After discussing with a few of the well-known packers and movers in Noida, we have listed down the 9 best tips and hacks for self-moving and packaging to ease the whole process.
So read the article and grab all these ideas for easy relocation. Let’s get started.
1. Remove the Unnecessary Items (DECLUTTER)
First and foremost, you must remove everything you do not need or do not use. Decluttering all the unused items will reduce the stress and ease the whole process.
- Categorize the items that you can Donate, Sell, and Trash.
- Sell off the furniture that does not fit in the new home.
- Start decluttering proactively or a week before you need to shift from the house.
- Removing the access baggage will increase your efficiency and de-stress the shifting.
2. ORGANIZE the Stuff in Boxes
Properly organizing all the stuff in boxes will safeguard your belongings and eases the process of keeping them at the new home. The following are a few hacks that packers and movers in Noida choose to organize everything efficiently.
- Arrange the boxes from the local grocery store, and you can get them for free.
- Get a box in good shape with no wear and tear.
- Do not put the bulky items in these boxes to avoid damaging the belongings.
3. Spend an HOUR A DAY to Pack
It would be best if you adequately managed your time to be productive and no need to hassle or take the stress of packaging. Here are a few set of rules that you can follow.
- Do not spend the whole day in packaging.
- Focus on one room at a time and keep one hour a day to arrange all the stuff inboxes.
- Start packaging well in advance to avoid the last moment hassle.
- Do not scatter the stuff in all rooms and leave some space for rest.
4. COLOR CODING for Different Rooms
A few of the packers and movers in Noida uses the color coding for different rooms.
They pack the cartons with different color masking tape for other rooms. Follow the below tips to ensure proper packing.
- Firstly, you need to arrange the different color masking tape.
- Now pack the stuff for different rooms in separate boxes.
- Paste the tapes over the boxes as per color coding for rooms.
- If you cannot arrange the masking tape, then use a marker and write over the boxes labeling the room name.
- This process will help you save time and avoid unnecessary stress.
- Also, you will need not to guess and apply your mind for the stuff as to which room it belongs to.
5. Separate packing for HAZARDOUS Items
Ensuring safety while moving is the most critical aspect while moving to a new house. Most importantly, if you can dispose of them, then it would be best.
- The hazardous items are fire extinguishers, paints, batteries, varnish, chlorine equipped items, and other heating agents.
- Check if you can dispose of these items.
- If you cannot dispose of them, then pack them in separate boxes with clear labels.
- Also, keep your kids away from these items.
6. Click PICTURES of Electronic Items for Wiring Placement
Do you have electronic items? Click the pictures of the wires plugging to their sockets before disconnecting them. This smart approach will save your time to reconnect the cables again while installing the devices at the new house. To add-on, it will save you money as well because you will need not to call the service guy for installation.
7. Pack the IMPORTANT PAPERS in Briefcase or Bag
There are huge chances of misplacing the documents while shifting. To avoid such an instance, you must store all the essential docs in a briefcase or separate bag. You can devote the different files for personal and official documents to avoid mixing.
8. Pack the KITCHEN STUFF Separately
Your kitchen has many fragile items like dishes and pottery. You can use bubble wrap or paddings or old newspapers to store the fragile items to avoid breakage. Use the separate boxes to keep the kitchen items. Use plastic wraps to keep the liquids to avoid spill off.
9. Time to MOVE
While loading the stuff on the truck make sure to keep the heavy furniture inside first. After that, you can arrange the other luggage accordingly. You need to be firm and gentle while placing the luggage in the truck and do not force anything inside. The best packers and movers in Noida deploy their experts to load the luggage in the truck, as this is one of the most crucial part of the whole process.
Hopefully, you will be benefitted from these smart hacks while moving to your new house. You can make shifting an exciting one by using these 9 useful tips rather than the tiring process. You can also contact the best packers movers Noida to get the assistance, with expertise in steering your shifting process in the right direction.